Common Goods Donation Guidelines
We encourage our donors to take a stroll through Common Goods to see the kind of merchandise that is most suitable for our sales floor.
ALL donated items need to be good-quality, clean, gently-used and/or und
amaged. Thank you for your careful consideration.
We accept items in the following categories:
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
FURNITURE, HOUSEWARES & HOME FURNISHINGS
- Bedding, Linens, Towels
- Baby Equipment (excluding car seats and cribs)
- Small Household/Kitchen Appliances
- Board Games, Puzzles and Toys
- CDs, DVDs, and VHS
- Crafting Supplies
- Musical Instruments
- Tools and Sporting Goods
Donations are generally accepted Monday through Saturday, from 8:30 am until 5:30 pm in BAXTER and from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm in CROSSLAKE. However, you are encouraged to call ahead, as we are completely full in our processing room from time-to-time.
We are happy to provide you with a donation receipt for tax purposes right when you drop off your items.
If you have a unique or unusual item, feel free to call and inquire about our ability to accept it.
Common Goods cannot accept or resell the following items; however, many of these items can be donated to one of our community partners and we can help direct you to the right local agency upon request:
- Large Appliances
- Car Seats and Cribs
- Construction Materials
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Sleeper Sofas
- Scratched, broken or chipped dishware, glassware and pots & pans
- Text and reference books
- Any items with holes, mildew, tears, stains, etc.
The following items cannot be donated at any Area Agency or Store:
- Automotive chemicals or parts
- Weapons, including bullets, knives, bows, arrows
- Explosives or harmful toxic materials
Please contact the Crow Wing County Landfill (218.828.4392) to dispose of these materials.