Common Goods Donation Guidelines
We encourage our donors to take a stroll through Common Goods to see the kind of merchandise that is most suitable for our sales floor.
ALL donated items need to be good-quality, clean, gently-used and/or undamaged. Thank you for your careful consideration.
We accept items in the following categories:
CLOTHING & ACCESSORIES
- Clothing-Men’s/Women’s/Juniors/Children’s (new or gently used; in-season items & brand names preferred)
- Jewelry (working clasps, etc)
- Maternity Clothing (new or gently used)
- Vintage Clothing
FURNITURE, HOUSEWARES & HOME FURNISHINGS
- Antique Furniture and Housewares
- Bedding, Linens, Towels (no stains)
- Furniture (in good condition–unstained; no tears in fabric)
- Baby Equipment (excluding car seats and cribs)
- Small Household/Kitchen Appliances
- Unique Housewares and Home Furnishings (knick-knacks less preferable)
- Board Games, Puzzles and Toys (no broken or missing pieces)
- Books and Cookbooks (all genres/hardcover/softcover/series/etc)
- CDs and DVDs
- Crafting Supplies (Yarn, Fabric, Scrapbooking Supplies, etc)
- Gift Bags, Paper Bags and Plastic Bags
- Musical Instruments
- Tools and Sporting Goods
You are encouraged to call beforehand so we can let you know the kinds of items we’re most in need of at the moment.
Donations are generally accepted Monday through Saturday, between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. However, you are encouraged to call ahead, as we are completely full in our processing room from time-to-time.
We are happy to provide you with a donation receipt for tax purposes right when you drop off your items.
If you have a unique or unusual item, feel free to call and inquire about our ability to accept it.
We actively partner with over 25 agencies, businesses and programs, passing on the generosity from our community and working to keep useable goods out of our landfills. In a given month, more than 800 items leave the processing room at Common Goods and get put to good use by our partners! Could your program or business use in-kind goods? Contact Common Goods (Baxter) at 218.824.0923 or (Crosslake) 218.692.7682 for details about the kinds of items we might have available.
Common Goods cannot accept or resell the following items; however, many of these items can be donated to one of our community partners and we can help direct you to the right local agency upon request:
- Large Appliances
- Car Seats and Cribs
- Construction Materials
- Mattresses and Box Springs
- Sleeper Sofas
- Scratched, broken or chipped dishware, glassware and pots & pans
- Text and reference books
- Any items with holes, mildew, tears, stains, etc.
The following items cannot be donated at any Area Agency or Store:
- Automotive chemicals or parts
- Weapons, including bullets, knives, bows, arrows
- Explosives or harmful toxic materials
Please contact the Crow Wing County Landfill (218.828.4392) to dispose of these materials.