Make a financial gift to support the Self-Healing Communities Project. Your donation is 100% tax-deductible: thank you for your support!
Thank you for joining us at “Let’s Talk Solutions: A Community Conversation” on Tuesday, Nov 27!
The Self-Healing Communities project is starting in the neighborhoods around Garfield & Lowell Elementary schools, and we need EVERYONE to come together to work towards safer, healthier neighborhoods in our community. Your voice is important; check out “Upcoming Events” on the right-hand column for upcoming conversations & presentations in 2019!
What happened at the Community Conversation? Click here to read the latest update. No decisions about you, without you!
Learn More About the Project Here…
- Recording: Community Focus: Bridges of Hope staff talk about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the work of the Self-Healing Communities Project in Crow Wing County – 106.7 WJJY, January 2019
- Report: Foster & Respite Care Providers & Adoptive Parents Initiative – Bridges of Hope, December 2018
- Video: Bridges of Hope Holds Event for Foster Parents & Adoptive Parents to Connect – Lakeland Public Television, December 2018
- Video: Community Conversation Held as Part of Self-Healing Communities Project – Lakeland Public Television, November 2018
- Article: …An innovative community, collaborative project is tackling childhood trauma. – Brainerd Dispatch, November 2018
- Article: Partnering With You for a Healthier Community – Bridges of Hope, November 2018
- Article: New Staff to Join Self-Healing Communities Efforts – Bridges of Hope, July 2018
- Article: Crow Wing County works to build Self-Healing Community – Brainerd Dispatch, July 2018
- Article: Crow Wing County: Tackling Problems in a New Way – Brainerd Dispatch, June 2018
- Infographic: Adverse Childhood Experiences – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Resources: Adverse Childhood Experiences Collection – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Article: To Heal a Community, Build Capacity – RWJF Blog, July 2016
- Report: Self-Healing Communities: a Transformational Process Model for Improving Intergenerational Health – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, June 2016
- Video: How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime – Nadine Burke Harris, September 2014
- Report: Adverse Childhood Experiences: National & State-Level Prevalence – ChildTrends, July 2014
Thank you to our funders for helping us launch this exciting initiative:
- Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation
- City of Brainerd
- Crow Wing Energized
- Crow Wing County Community Services
- Crow Wing Power Community Trust
- Initiative Foundation
- Lakes Area Medical Development Fund
- St. Joseph’s Essentia Health Foundation
- United Way of Crow Wing and Cass Counties
Together these agencies have already committed over $135,000 to the project!