Let’s Talk Solutions: A Community Conversation (Self-Healing Communities Project)
Tuesday, November 27 @ 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM at Lowell Elementary School in Brainerd
Free childcare and appetizers!
Join us for a whole-community discussion about the Self-Healing Communities project: we need to hear from YOU!
The Self-Healing Communities project is starting in the neighborhoods around Garfield & Lowell Elementary schools, and we need EVERYONE to come together to work towards safer, healthier neighborhoods in our community. Your voice is important: join the conversation!
Thank you to our seed funders for this exciting new initiative:
- Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation
- City of Brainerd
- Crow Wing Energized
- Crow Wing County Community Services
- Crow Wing Power Community Trust
- Initiative Foundation
- St. Joseph’s Essentia Health Foundation
- United Way of Crow Wing and Cass Counties
Together these agencies have already committed over $126,000 to the project!
You Can Also Learn More Here…
- Article: Partnering With You for a Healthier Community – Bridges of Hope, November 2018
- Article: New Staff to Join Self-Healing Communities Efforts – Bridges of Hope, July 2018
- Article: Crow Wing County works to build Self-Healing Community – Brainerd Dispatch, July 2018
- Article: Crow Wing County: Tackling Problems in a New Way – Brainerd Dispatch, June 2018
- Infographic: Adverse Childhood Experiences – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Resources: Adverse Childhood Experiences Collection – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Article: To Heal a Community, Build Capacity – RWJF Blog, July 2016
- Report: Self-Healing Communities: a Transformational Process Model for Improving Intergenerational Health – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, June 2016
- Video: How Childhood Trauma Affects Health Across a Lifetime – Nadine Burke Harris, September 2014
- Report: Adverse Childhood Experiences: National & State-Level Prevalence – ChildTrends, July 2014