We are currently updating the resources listed on our website. Please call our office at 218-826-7682 for specific requests; thank you!
Help if You are Having Thoughts of Suicide or Self-Harm
- Crisis Line & Referral Service | https://crisislineandreferralservice.org/ | 218.825.4357 or 1.800.462.5525
- Mobile Crisis Outreach Team: Call the Crisis Line & Referral Service at 218.825.4357 or 1.800.462.5525 | http://www.npmh.org/mobile-crisis-outreach.html
- Crisis Text Line | Text “MN” to 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline | 1.800.273.8255 | https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- How to help someone else: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/help-someone-else/
- Support after a suicide attempt | SAVE | https://save.org/find-help/attempt-survivor-resources/
- Connections: online peer support for ages 18+ | SAVE | http://save.org/peersupport/ (Program is in beta testing as of August 2018.)
Downloadable Resources Specific to Suicide Loss
(This section is undergoing updates by a community group, to add more MN & CWC-specific resources over time.)
- Resource Packet for Survivors of Suicide Loss (for Crow Wing County and surrounding area; updated July 2018)
- Coping with Suicide Loss (several topics included; some unfortunately limited to NH)
- A Guide for Memorial Services & Death Notices (NAMI NH Connect Program)
- For People Who Have Witnessed a Suicide Death (NAMI NH Connect Program)
- After a Suicide: Recommendations for Religious Services & Other Public Memorial Services (Suicide Prevention Resource Center)
- Safe & Effective Messaging for Suicide Prevention (SPRC website with downloads)
- Children, Teens and Suicide Loss (American Foundation for Suicide Prevention)
- “Information Packet for Loved Ones Following a Suicide” is available for professionals to share with clients and is available from NAMI MN: contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a packet, or visit NAMI’s website: https://namimn.org/education-public-awareness/suicide-prevention/
- “Talking to Children about Suicide” also available from NAMI MN: contact Catherine Gangi at email@example.com
Additional Grief & Loss Resources
- Suicide Loss Support Group (Nisswa) | Contact Jeri Borgwarth at 763-442-2671
- Suicide Loss Support Group (Crosby) | Contact the Crisis Line & Referral Service at 218.825.4357
- Online Search for Suicide Loss Support Groups via the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention | https://afsp.org/find-support/ive-lost-someone/find-a-support-group/
- GriefShare Support Groups: visit www.griefshare.org to find a current or future group start date.
- Grief Path meets 10 a.m. second Thursdays at Bethany Good Samaritan. Call Samantha, 828-5886.
- Grief Support and Education: specially trained professionals provide information and support to those who have recently lost a loved one. Call 828-7659, St. Joseph’s Medical Center.
- Lakes Area Ecumenical Bereavement meets 4 p.m. first Thursdays, Immaculate Heart parish hall, Crosslake; contact Donna at 692-3246.
- Listening Ears Widow and widowers group for those who have lost a loved one. Call Doris, 829-7565 for information.
- Staples Grief support meets 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays at Faith Lutheran Church in Staples. Call (218) 894-1546.
- Coping with Holidays | 218-828-7442
- Grief Support Group | 218-828-7442
- Home Care/Hospice | 218-828-7444
- Hope & Understanding for Grief Stricken Families (HUGS) | 218-546-5863
- Hospice – CRMC | http://www.cuyunamed.org/ | 1-800-698-2311