Bridges of Hope is a faith-based 501c3 nonprofit organization, incorporated in 2002. Our service area includes Crow Wing County and the bordering communities in Central Minnesota.
To build bridges of support, anchored in Christ’s love, between families in the Lakes area and the community assets that can help them thrive and gain hope.
Bridges of Hope links families to community supports and resources. It creates partnerships within the broader community to help strengthen, stabilize and support families in the Lakes area, sending a message of hope and empowering families to thrive.
We believe families can be strengthened through both formal and informal supports. We respect the diversity, individual needs, beliefs and values of those we work with.
Our guiding philosophy for our client services and programming:
At Bridges of Hope, we…
- Set aside personal bias and honor the value and worth or every person.
- Go above and beyond by offering simple, consistent, and personalized services.
- Listen, encourage, and empower with kindness and compassion.
More about our programs and services can be found here.
Read stories of hope here.
Information about our thrift stores can be found here.
Bridges of Hope’s Fact Sheet.
Meetings by appointment only; in most cases we can assist you over the phone without the need to come to our office.
In 2014, the organization affirmed four Strategic Priorities to guide its work in the coming years:
- Strengthening families by providing both a breadth and depth of programming;
- Engaging the community in two-way relationships;
- Centering our organization in Christ by nurturing our staff and Board of Directors in their individual faith journeys; and
- Developing and being good stewards of the resources we are entrusted with.
The Board of Directors is made up of community members from the Brainerd Lakes area, representing higher education, the business community, human services, faith communities and others. The Board provides leadership and oversight to the ongoing operations of Bridges of Hope in regards to planning, budgeting, fund development, and community networking. Board member terms are for 3 years, with a limit of two consecutive terms.
Thank You to Our 2018 Grant Funders:
- Brainerd Lakes Area Community Foundation – for the Self-Healing Communities Project
- CWC Child Protection Team – for Respite & Crisis Nursery programming
- St. Joseph’s Essentia Health Foundation – for the Self-Healing Communities Project
Financials & Annual Reports
Click here to view our financial information. Bridges of Hope is committed to be fiscally responsible to our donors, funders, and the community.